Preventative and Corrective Maintenance of Sunny Central 2200 to 4600 UP
* Cost for the training
The installation and operation of centralized large-scale PV plants has become much easier because of the turnkey solutions offered by SMA with the Sunny Central inverters at its heart.
But in order to ensure the maximum efficiency and reliability of your centralized large-scale PV plant, your inverter station needs to be maintained on a regular basis.
This training empowers you to autonomously conduct this maintenance work in accordance with the SMA maintenance protocol, as well as effectively localize causes for loss of production and downtime.
Furthermore, this training enables you to autonomously replace authorized parts preventatively and correctively in accordance with the SMA maintenance protocol and authorized parts list.
* Cost for the training: AUD 8,286.30
Due to current payment procedures, payment needs to be arranged outside the Eventbrite platform.
SMA will contact you to arrange transaction to secure your place.
SMA customers with electrical knowledge
- Employee of an existing SMA customer working with SMA Sunny Central inverters.
- The participants of the course need to be licensed electricians in the country they are working and attend this course in order to replace parts and work on the inverter.
- Non licensed electricians may attend the course. However, it will be informational only, and will not authorize them to replace parts or work on the inverter in practical application.
- Participants must wear safety shoes and flame-resistant clothing during the practical training.
- Review of Electrical Safety to safely approach the inverter and minimize the risk of exposure to electric shock and arc flash.
- Review of voltage sources in the inverter station. Instruction of where/how to isolate voltage sources to safely work within the inverter enclosure.
- Live demonstration on inverter components and functionality of DC, AC Auxiliary Power, Cooling, Communication, Data Logging and Monitoring.
- Familiarization of the balance of system components of the MVPS station, STSD board, Transformer, RMU, and protection relays.
- End to end functionality of the MVPS and components, starting at the DC PV input through to the HV AC output.
- Exercises on real inverter how to perform preventative maintenance to maximize the system uptime and retain the SMA warranty.
- Learn and practice how to read circuit diagrams, finding components and part numbers.
- Hands-on exercises on identifying faults caused by the grid, PV array or inverter components.
- Practice how to evaluate event and error codes in order to find the best solution.
- Extensive hands-on exercises on component replacements and troubleshooting.
- Instruction on how to create a warranty case in the SMA Online Service Centre, upload inverter data, and completing a SMA service report for authorized in warranty repair.
After this training you* should be able and qualified to:
- Conduct preventative maintenance work in accordance with the SMA maintenance protocol (relevant for retaining SMA warranty).
- Identify and understand the functionality of various inverter components and MVPS components.
- Effectively localize causes for loss of production and downtime, as well as find solutions to remedy these causes either on your own or with the help of SMA.
- Maximize your efficiency in communicating with the SMA Service line (also using remote services via smart devices) and therefore help potential issues being solved faster.
- Conduct corrective and preventative component replacement yourself (as stated in your service contract) on components like interior fans, GFDI breaker, 24Vdc power supply, control boards and other low current connection components.
* Please note that the certificate documenting your qualification is both bound to the attendee and the company the attendee is working for during the time of enrolling for the training course (i.e. the certification is nullified if the attendee changes the company afterwards) and is valid for 5 years after the final training date.
After this training you will not be qualified to:
- Conduct maintenance work on any other inverter types than Sunny Central 2200, 2475, 2500-EV, 2750-EV, 3000-EV, 4000 UP, 4200 UP, 4400 UP and 4600 UP.
- Train other employees of your company on this matter.
- Commission SMA inverters on your own (this service is offered by SMA specialists only).
- Conduct corrective or preventative component replacement on high-current components like inverter-bridge, sine-filter choke or AC-switch (this service is offered by SMA specialists only).