Preventative and Corrective Maintenance of SC Storage Inverters
System solutions with Sunny Central Storage battery inverters are used in storage power plants and PV hybrid systems worldwide. They ensure the stability of transmission lines and reduce energy costs through the use of photovoltaic energy and large-scale battery-storage systems in hybrid power generation systems. But in order to ensure the maximum efficiency and reliability of your large-scale storage system, your inverters need to be maintained on a regular basis. This training empowers you to autonomously conduct this maintenance work in accordance with the SMA maintenance protocol, as well as effectively localize causes for loss of production and downtime. Furthermore this training enables you to autonomously replace wear parts preventatively and correctively in accordance with the SMA maintenance protocol. On top of that this training qualifies you for remote services via smart devices. That way a maximum of uptime and yield of your large-scale storage system will be ensured.
SMA customers with electrical knowledge
- Employee of an existing SMA customer working with SMA Sunny Central Storage inverters
- The participants of the course need to be qualified electricians, who are aware of the potential risks associated with electricity
- Participants must wear safety shoes and flame-resistant clothing during the practical training
Basic knowledge of large-scale storage systems
- Review of Electrical Safety to safely approach the inverter and minimize the risk of exposure to electric shock and arc flash
- Live-demonstration on inverter components and functionality of DC, AC Auxiliary Power, Cooling, Communication, Data Logging and Monitoring
- Exercises on real inverter how to perform preventative maintenance to maximize the system uptime and retain the SMA warranty
- Learn and practice how to read circuit diagrams, finding components and part numbers
- Hands-on exercises on identifying faults caused by the grid, battery or inverter components
- Practice how to evaluate event and error codes in order to find the best solution
- Extensive hands-on exercises on component replacement as well as remote services via smart devices
Please note that this is a blended learning training, therefore on day 1, day 2, day 3 and day 4 (Tuesday until Friday of the first week) the first part of the training will be held remotely. During this first part your local attendance in our training center in Germany will not yet be required. You will receive a link to join our remote online-session after you have finalized your booking.
However, on day 5 and day 6 (Monday and Tuesday of the second week) aka the second part of the training your local attendance in our training center in Germany will be required! We will finalize your training with practical demos and exercises on our training inverter set-up during this time.
After this training you* should be able and qualified to:
- Conduct preventative maintenance work in accordance with the SMA maintenance protocol (relevant for retaining SMA warranty)
- Identify and understand the functinality of various inverter components
- Effectively localize causes for loss of production and downtime, as well as find solutions to remedy these causes either on your own or with the help of SMA
- Maximize your efficiency in communicating with the SMA Service line (also using remote services via smart devices) and therefore help potential issues being solved faster
- Conduct corrective and preventative component replacement yourself (as stated in your service contract) on components like interior fans or 24Vdc power supply
*please note that the certificate documenting your qualification is both bound to the attendee and the company the attendee is working for during the time of enrolling for the training course (i.e. the certification is nullified if the attendee changes the company afterwards) and is valid for 5 years after the final training date.
After this training you will not be qualified to:
- Conduct maintenance work on any other inverter type than Sunny Central Storage 1900- EV to 3950 UP inverters
- Train other employees of your company on corrective and preventative maintenance of Sunny Central Storage 1900- EV to 3950 UP inverters
- Commission SMA inverters on your own (this service is offered by SMA specialists only)
- Conduct corrective or preventative component replacement on high-current components like inverter-bridge, sine-filter choke or AC-switch (this service is offered by SMA specialists only)