Preventative Maintenance of Medium-Voltage Components
The installation and operation of centralized large-scale PV plants has become much easier because of the turnkey solutions offered by SMA with Sunny Central inverters at its heart.
But in order to ensure the maximum efficiency and reliability of your centralized large-scale PV plant, your medium-voltage components need to be maintained on a regular basis.
This training empowers you to autonomously conduct this maintenance work in accordance with the SMA maintenance protocol, as well as effectively localize causes for loss of production and downtime.
That way a maximum of uptime and yield of your large-scale PV plant will be ensured.
SMA customers with electrical knowledge
- SMA customer with SMA Sunny Central MV Station (MVPS)
- The participants of the course need to be qualified electricians, who are aware of the potential risks associated with electricity
- Participants must wear safety shoes and flame-resistant clothing during the practical training
Basic knowledge of large-scale storage systems
- Review of Electrical Safety to safely approach SMA stations and minimize the risk of exposure to electric shock and arc flash
- Learn and practice how to safely disconnect MV stations
- Live-demonstration on medium-voltage components and the functionality of transformers, SF-6 switchgear, auxiliary power supply transformer, cooling, communication and handling of hazardous substances (gas, oil)
- Exercises on real MV components how to perform preventative maintenance to maximize system uptime and retain the SMA warranty
- Hands-on exercises on identifying faults and troubleshoot minor errors during the cause of the maintenance works
- Practice how to take oil samples and hermetize the transformer
- Extensive hands-on exercises on the replacement of wearing parts
After this training you* should be able and qualified to:
- Conduct preventative maintenance work in accordance with the SMA maintenance protocol (relevant for retaining SMA warranty)
- Identify, localize and understand the functinality of medium-voltage components
- Effectively localize causes for loss of production and downtime
- Maximize your efficiency in communicating with the SMA Service line and therefore help potential issues being solved faster
- Exchange components or wearing parts by yourself
*please note that the certificate documenting your qualification is both bound to the attendee and the company the attendee is working for during the time of enrolling for the training course (i.e. the certification is nullified if the attendee changes the company afterwards).
After this training you will not be qualified to:
- Switch medium-voltage components according to "switching authorization" and "switching qualification" as per DGUV regulation 3